Ways to Reduce Global Warming

Posted by on Monday, January 23, 2012

As a student, there are simple ways we can do to help in reducing global warming.

Here are some of the ways I have thought of:

1. Stop burning wastes.

Most of the homeowners in our subdivision burn their garbage, which I think is one of the top contributors in global warming.  It will be beneficial then if our family will try to lead by example in not burning trashes.  I think it will be more effective if we will cooperate with the barangay with their Garbage Collection Program.  This way, carbon emissions will be lessen drastically.

2. Plant trees.

Though it is very simple, I believe that this will be very effective in reducing carbon emissions since plants absorb carbon dioxide and release oxygen.  Hence, there will be less carbon dioxide trapped in the earth's atmosphere.

3. Use fluorescent lights.

According to studies, fluorescent lights use is a more efficient lighting tool than regular light bulbs (http://environment.about.com/od/globalwarming/tp/globalwarmtips.htm).  Fluorescent lights releases less heat compared to regular light bulbs.  Hence, it eliminates pounds of greenhouse gas.

Leave a Reply

About Me

My photo
Read my 140 character thoughts through my twitter account: @judesagum!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.