Posted by on Tuesday, January 3, 2012


“I read this quote once when I was a kid, ‘We live alone, we die alone. Everything else is just an illusion.’ It used to keep me up at night. We all die alone. So, why am I supposed to spend my life working, sweating, struggling? For an illusion? Because [nothing] is gonna help me avoid my fate. I have better things to do with my time.”

The movie started with that quote. So I instantly thought the film would be about a boy filled with issues and how he gets by with his life. But I was half wrong. It wasn't all about George's issues. It was also about how George found meaning in his life. That life is nothing to be feared. That life is not about just getting by.

I love-hate George's character. I love his awkwardness but I hate his pessimistic attitude. What I ultimately like about his character is the fact that I can relate with him. I am having a hard time figuring out what I feel or who I want to be. I feel less than nothing. Maybe because like him, I don't believe in myself. I fear life more than death. But I hope that I get the same happy ending he did.

I liked Sally's character. Unlike others I did not feel that Sally was trying to hurt George. Her character was just a bit aggressive, trying to give George every sign. But unfortunately, George does not know how to respond to these signs. So Sally just tried to cover up her hurt by going out with Damian. I think it was pride that made her decide to do such thing.

Three things about the movie: Reason of existence, Self-expression and Choices.

Leave a Reply

About Me

My photo
Read my 140 character thoughts through my twitter account: @judesagum!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.