Why do sad people love the sunset?

Posted by on Sunday, June 27, 2010

I was rereading the book by Antoine De Saint-Exupery entitled The Little Prince . And one of the sayings the Little Prince uttered that made great impact to me was his claim that sad people do love the sunset. And he was one of those people who loved the sunset.



I pondered really hard on his idea and came into the conclusion that when the sun sets, its light fades away, it vanishes and leaves no mark. People have the tendency to hate goodbyes simple because we do not want to miss one another or because we do not want the bond to just dissolve in thin air. But when we do say our goodbyes, we tend to characterize ourself with the setting sun, bidding goodbye.




Leave a Reply

About Me

My photo
Read my 140 character thoughts through my twitter account: @judesagum!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.